The girls go dog sledding....

24th Feb, 2008

Well, at last we got some snow. It lightly snowed on and off during the day but it seems to be coming down fairly consistently into the evening. It is expected to clear for tomorrow with maybe an inch or two all up. Not a great deal, but should freshen things up.

Clive and I had another full day skiing. Lorraine and Diane decided not to ski, the light wasn't great, but instead went dog sledding. We had the cameras with us on the mountain, so the girls didn't get any dog sledding shots. At least when we get home they will have something to tell you about because you didn't read all about it on the blog.

First off today is the video of our unit as requested by some of the folk leaving comments. At the end it also explains the origin of our pyjamas/convict outfits....



Mid morning the temp was just below zero, as our deck thermometer showed....



....and a class of mighty midgets skied past our window, a couple were no bigger than Kody. Riley and Jack would have towered over all of them....



Over at the Black Forest area we stopped and had a look at the new Feathertop Estate area where they are currently selling blocks to be built upon adjacent to 'Millie's Mile'....



Because there is no night skiing on Sunday and Monday, last lifts were strictly 4:00pm, so Clive and I were forced to finish on a day when the light snow had made the skiing very enjoyable. Almost as enjoyable as our daily jacuzzi and beers....



I have some video footage you'll get a good laugh from, but I am having trouble getting it uploaded. I'll try for tomorrows edition, sorry to keep you in suspense.


Comments on the comments...for all those who are eager to get them out of the unit and onto the hill, the girls have promised to ski tomorrow, so I'll hopefully get some footage of them on the mountain, let's hope the weather is not too miserable.

Clair, thx for leaving a comment, it's great to hear you and Glenn are reading and enjoying, say hi to the kids from us all.

Later....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get off the dogs and onto the skis girls. Sounds like Clive & Bob are having a great skiing holiday.
Get those booti's out on the skis.
Keep on enjoying

Anonymous said...

Loved the video!!! It was like an episode of MTV Cribs (which im sure you have no idea what im talking about anyway). Oh and major LOL at Clive & Lorraine's little skit.

Interested to hear about the dog sledding when you return, sounds fun.

Yes ladies, get on the mountain so we can see some footage of yous skiing.

Adios.

SCRAPRATT said...

OK... now I'm sure that when you left Australia Mum & Dad had a camera and Bob & Diane had a camera, so why the hell didn't the girls take one of the two cameras on the dog sledding???? It would have been absolutely fantastic. Now you will NEVER EVER have any photos of such a unique thing. As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words." You'll just have to spend the money and do it again, but this time with a camera. A picture is a memory that lasts forever. How do you think your grandchild are gonna understand it when you try to explain a dog sled ride. Think like a three year old.

I absolutely loved the "Sylvania Waters" tour of your abode. It looks like a great unit. Mum & Dad, your acting skills haven't changed over the years. Talk about embarrassing. My friends and work collegues are reading this blog.

Love the idea of the spa being hot all the time. No waiting for it to warm up.

Mum, I sent you an email. Please check it out.

Loving the blog. It is great. I don't miss any of you at all. Hehehehehehehehe!!!!

I will forward some photos of the kids to your email so you can enjoy them.

Casey is sick. She has a cold and a sniffly nose... but I'm being a hard-nosed bitch and making her still go to school. No slacking off under my watch. We are going to do some work on her Geography assignment tonight. Ahhh, the recycling habits of Liverpool City Council.

Gotta go.

Love to yo all

Brenda, Darren, Riley & Kody

PS: Glad to hear we may see the TWINS ski soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi all

Love the video of your Condo
looks like it's really cossy

I bet the dog sled ride was great girls, shame about the photo's.

glad to see the boy's are carving up the slopes you need all the practice you both can get to beat me. Ha, Ha, Ha, .

have fun until next time ,
Love Karmen , Jason , Tayla & Jack.........

little_sis said...

Hi Guys

Another great blog entry and sounds like you all had another great day. Like everyone else I am looking forward to seeing some video footage of the girls on ski's

Enjoyed your commentary of your lodge as did the girls at work who had a good laugh at Clive and Lorraine little scene ... lol I think the girls at work are enjoying your blog as much as everyone and on one of the video's someone mentions going back in 2011... my boss asked why dont I go with you and I informed her the only way I could would be if she got me a raise. Well thanks guys, I dont know if I am doing a great job or you are just entertaining her so much but I got my raise... so can I come too ??? lol

Hope you dont keep us in suspense anymore and we get to see this funny video ... will check in the morning

Have another great day
Sue